71 Firehouse Lane, PO Box 123, Red Feather Lakes, Colorado 80545
970-881-2664 | email@example.com
Enter here to Explore the World..
Linking you to the world
Inspiring new ideas
Nurturing minds and our Community
Knowledge for life
The Library Today
Founded in 2000, and succeeding the RFL Community Library Foundation (1969), the District encompasses 37 square miles in rural northern Larimer County, Colorado, and serves 1750 residents as well as visitors from across the United States. Covering just 37 square miles, we are THE smallest library district in the state of Colorado.
The Red Feather Mountain Library District offers year-round library services. Our physical collection includes over 12,500 books, DVDs, books on CD, and early learning materials and educational toys, plus 25,000 downloadable ebook, audio, and video materials. Public access computers and wireless internet service are available to all patrons and visitors. Seasonal events and programming for all ages are held in the Library’s Stenzel Community Room and adjacent community facilities, and outreach programs through Red Feather Village, Red Feather Elementary, nature/science programs, and hikes. The Library partners with the Red Feather Property Owner’s Association (RFLPOA), Soaring Eagle Ecology Center (SEEC), and Red Feather Historical Society (RFHS) in providing educational activities and programs for both residents and visitors. Local and regional arts and crafts are on display monthly within the library’s ‘Ruth’s Gallery’ annex.
Our History in Brief
- The Red Feather Lakes Community Library was established in 1969 by the local women’s group with $240 from the Larimer County Commissioners and 250 donated books on shelves from an abandoned store.
- In 1987 a library building was constructed with community donations of land, labor, money and love.
- The Red Feather Mountain Library District was approved by voters with a 2.5 mill levy in the Election of November 2000 with funds arriving in January 2001. The Red Feather Mountain Library District was created based on the three existing volunteer fire department districts including Red Feather Lakes, Crystal Lakes, and Glacier View Meadows. Note: The Red Feather Mountain Library District is not affiliated or connected with the Poudre River Library District.
- A new addition dedicated in August 2005 includes a children’s area, meeting room and art gallery. After the 2005 building project, the Library’s total square feet is 3163.
- We are among the smallest library districts in the state of Colorado covering 37 square miles. We are currently funded by a 4.75 district mill rate and private donations.
- Library use increased by over 80 percent, since the Red Feather Mountain Library District was formed in 2000. Computer use is up 250 percent and our very successful Book Club, Story Hour and other programs continue to meet in the Stenzel Community Room, Children’s Room, and Ruth’s Art Gallery.
Read more about our history: From Dream to Reality: A Short History of How a Little Library Was Born and Grew (Ann Smythe, 2005)
Home | About us | Contact us | E-Books & Audiobooks | Catalog | Events/Calendar | Friends of the Library | View my account (through the catalog) | Online Resources | Donate | Find a Book | New to our Library? | OverDrive | Teens | Kids | Our Book Groups | Beyond Books | Join our Team | Community Disaster Preparedness | Library Anatomy
Library Resources: OverDrive eBooks| Cloud Library eBooks | Library Catalog | EBSCOHost all-database portal | AutoMate DYI car repair | Small engine repair | Business: (Company information) (Business Source) (Regional) |Academic Search Premier (500K) academic & popular articles | Colorado Historic Newspapers | Consumer Health | School report/information helpers: Primary School — Middle School — High School — Public Library | GreenFile environmental information | History Sources | Funk & Wagnall’s Encyclopedia | Legal information | Library Science | Newspapers full-text | NoveList (adult fiction-finder) | NoveList (K-8 fiction-finder) | Points of View by Topic | Psychology | Science | TopicSearch | Unite for Literacy picture books | WorldCat multi-library catalog | MyHeritage genealogy
Local: Explore Red Feather Lakes (directory) | RFL weather: (POA station) (RFL current conditions station) (National Weather Service forecast) | North40 Mountain Alliance |RFL Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) | RFL Services (POA) | RFL Services (Lone Pine Realty) | RFL Area Community Links (Ponderosa Realty) | Fishing | Private Lake Fishing | Camping | Lodging | Dining | Trails | Area attractions | Red Feather Historical Society | Minerals of Colorado and Locations