Download a Good Book
Your library card is the ticket to accessing thousands of digital books 24/7. Download fiction or non fiction to read or listen to on your computer, laptop, eReader, tablet, smartphone, or audio device. Ebooks and audiobooks items return themselves automatically at the end of the check out period and you can place a hold on any item not immediately available to check out.
Click on the services below for step-by-step instructions and tutorials to walk you through the process. Stumped? Please contact us or stop by the library for personal assistance.
Downloadable books, audio, video, and magazines for all ages and interests.
Need help getting started? Click here.
Animated, talking picture books to watch, listen, and read at your computer. Select from award winning and favorite picture and chapter books, plus puzzles, games, and language-learning activities. Choose English, Spanish, or French. Tumblebooks aren’t downloadable, but you can create an account to save your favorite titles. Click here to learn more.
Find Free Ebooks, Audio & Video
- Baen Free Library – Free ebooks from science fiction and fantasy publisher Baen Books
- Bartleby.com – Harvard classics, reference texts, historic essays, poetry, and other literary works
- Bibliomania – Thousands of ebooks: classics, poems, short stories, plays, and reference works
- DailyLit – Classics and new fiction delivered to your in-box in daily installments
- Ebooks @Adelaide University – Classics and other historic texts
- Internet Archive – Access to historic and contemporary audio, music, and digitized video collections
- Internet Public Library – Connect to a variety of ebook collections (fiction, non fiction, textbooks)
- Librivox – Public domain books recorded by volunteers and available for online listening
- MIT OpenCourseWare – Online college-level textbooks featuring science, engineering, and technology subjects
- National Jukebox – Historical Recordings from the Library of Congress
- Open Book Library – Public domain ebooks to download or read online, plus an open e-lending library of modern works
- PBS American Experience – Watch full length episodes online
- Project Gutenberg – Over 46,000 free ebooks to download or read online