Contact us at email@example.com
Download the 2019-2020 Friends Membership Form (pdf)
The Friends Mission
To actively support the Red Feather Lakes Library through fundraising activities and interactions with the community and other library organizations.
Friends Support the Red Feather Lakes Community Library
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) that supports the Red Feather Lakes Community Library. Over 116 members of the Friends provide support by:
- Fundraising through 3 annual used book sales, quilt raffle, Wild West Relay and memberships.
- Giving funds for the courier service to deliver inter library loan books.
- Raising matching funds for special projects and programs.
- Funding new library materials, including children’s books, audio-books, videos, and bestsellers.
- Assists with the library technology you enjoy: computers, Wifi, e-readers, e-books, e-audio and so much more!
Members also serve as volunteers on special committees, assist with various projects, and bring the spirit of community to the many
Friends-sponsored events. We welcome and thank our Friends!
Or, membership applications may be picked up at the library. Please join us today!
From Maureen Paque, Friends Board President — September 2018
Dear Neighbors, Friends, and Visitors of the Red Feather Mountain Library District Web Page,
Welcome from the Friends of the Red Feather Lakes Community Library Board.
According to our by-laws, “The purpose of this IRS code 501c(3) Nonprofit Association shall be for the charitable nonprofit activities in support of the Red Feather Mountain Library District.”
We as a Friends Board, currently with eight members, meet once a month from May through September. All meetings are open to the public. Our work includes a Friends of the RFLC Library Membership Drive, three Used Book Sales, staffing exchanges during the August Wild West Relay, providing a Thank You Dinner for our many volunteers, and brainstorming ways to generate funds for the library.
Our Library is truly the “Heart of the Community” providing a place to meet, to use computers and WiFi, and to find the help sometimes needed, finding current books, audiobooks, and DVDs. For children, the library has an amazing room filled with books and many hands-on kits, including STEM activities.
The Friends dollars help fund and support everything from the children’s after-school programs, summer reading programs, courier fees, licensing fees, purchasing new books, audiobooks, book carts, and this past year, new carpet.
In 2017 we supported the work of the Library with over $11,000 of funds. Over $10,000 was approved in September 2018.
One way you can help support the Library is to become a Friend of the Library. Membership forms can be found online and at a small table as you enter the library. Each year’s membership runs from June-June. Your membership dollars help support library requests, but becoming a Friend gives you the opportunity to become a volunteer too.
It is a privilege to be serving as the Friends Board President. It is also a privilege to be serving with a Board of hardworking, dedicated, and talented people who volunteer many hours for the good of the Library. We also are fortunate to be working with a Library staff that is always supportive and shows leadership and dedication in all they do.
A heartfelt “Thank You” to all.
Funding projects: What the Friends have done for your library:
- Courier service for 2020
- $3500 Teen leadership camp (2020)
- Hallway flooring and bathroom improvements (2020)
- Children’s gifts and refreshments with Santa, 2019 Greening festivities
- $2000 children’s materials (2019)
- Magazine titles added (2019)
- $3500 Children’s programming and outreach (2019-2020)
- $500 adult programming (2018)
- $1500 teen programming and outreach (2018)
- $2000 children’s programming and outreach (2018)
- $2500 children’s materials (including STEM) (2018
- $350 Outside nature signage
- $400 Outside bulletin and notice board
- $400 cart purchase for handing interlibrary loans and incoming titles (2018)
- $250 Annual (mail) subscription to The Coloradoan for full-weekly service (2018)
- $5000 upgrade of library lighting to brighter, cost-effective L.E.D. fixtures
- $400 full-size refrigerator for storing children’s programming food (2018)
- $425 Courier service annual funding for interlibrary loan transport (2018)
- $2600 Children’s Room carpeting (2018)
- $2500 – Materials acquisition funding: books, DVDs, and books on CD (2018)
- $500 – Teen programming and outreach (2018)
- $8500 – Main library carpeting (2018)
- $3500 – After-school children’s programming for 2018-2019
Home | About us | Contact us | E-books-audio-video | Catalog | Events/Calendar | Friends of the Library | View my account (through the catalog) | Online Resources | Donate | Find a Book | New to our Library? | OverDrive | Teens | Kids | Our Book Groups | Beyond Books | Join our Team | Community Disaster Preparedness | Library Anatomy
Services & Links
Red Feather Lakes Community Library / Box 123 (71 Firehouse Lane) / Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545, 970-881-2664 970-881-2836 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org