Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the 2018-2019 Friends Membership Form (pdf)
The Friends Mission
To actively support the Red Feather Lakes Library through fundraising activities and interactions with the community and other library organizations.
Friends Support the Red Feather Lakes Community Library
We are a non-profit 501(c)(3) that supports the Red Feather Lakes Community Library. Over 116 members of the Friends provide support by:
- Fundraising through 3 annual used book sales, quilt raffle, Wild West Relay and memberships.
- Giving funds for the courier service to deliver inter library loan books.
- Raising matching funds for special projects and programs.
- Funding new library materials, including children’s books, audio-books, videos, and bestsellers.
- Assists with the library technology you enjoy: computers, Wifi, e-readers, e-books, e-audio and so much more!
Members also serve as volunteers on special committees, assist with various projects, and bring the spirit of community to the many
Friends-sponsored events. We welcome and thank our Friends!
Or, membership applications may be picked up at the library. Please join us today!
Message from 2017 Friends President Ann McKay:
Former and Current “Friends” of the RFL Library,
We want to take this opportunity to thank you for your support of our mountain community library. If you haven’t already, we are hoping that you will RENEW your Friends membership for 2017-2018. In addition, we hope that you’ll consider:
- ATTENDING the annual dinner meeting June 15th, 5:30pm at Western Ridge Restaurant.
- RUNNING for the Friends of the Library Board. We particularly need more representation from RFL and Crystal Lakes
- DONATING used books for our holiday used book sales
- VOLUNTEERING to help with our annual fundraisers—used book sales, Wild West Relay and quilt raffle.
- CONTACTING friends and neighbors who are new or established in our communities to invite them to visit the library and join or re-join the Friends
By e-mailing we are hoping to save trees and postage but if you need an application sent to your home, we can certainly do that. On behalf of the Friends Board, thank you again for your support. We hope to see you soon.
Ann McKay, President
Friends of the RFL Community Library Board
Funding projects: What the Friends have done for your library:
- $1500 – Materials acquisition funding: books, DVDs, and books on CD (2018)
- $500 – Teen programming and outreach (2018)
- $8500 – Main library carpeting (2018)
- $3500 – Afterschool children’s programming for 2018-2019 (2018)