Search the AspenCat catalog and request books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials from Red Feather Lakes and libraries across Colorado.
Your Library Card
Library card applications are available at the library. All residents of Colorado and Library District property owners are eligible for a Red Feather Lakes Community Library card. There is no cost for your RFL library card and it never expires. A photo ID and proof of address are required and children younger than 18 must have a parent or guardian’s co-signature on the application. Additionally, with special approval, cards may be issued to families, visitors, or guardians of disabled or home-bound patrons of the library. Please report a lost library card as soon as possible to minimize unauthorized use and so that we can issue a replacement.
With only a few exceptions, all library materials may be checked out for 21 days. Cardholders may have a maximum of 20 items checked out on their card at any one time. The library does not charge overdue fines, but we do ask that you try and renew your materials if you will need them longer than the allotted time. See RFL polices for additional information.
- Items may be renewed for two additional weeks as long as no hold requests have been placed by other patrons
- Access your account to renew materials online. Log in with your library card number and pin (last 4 digits of your phone number.) Click “Checked Out” to view all items, check-box the titles you wish to renew, and click “Renew.”
- Renew by phone or call (970) 881-2664 for assistance with your account.
Library materials may be returned inside the library at the circulation desk or 24/7 in the book drop on the east side of the building.
Self-service bookdrops are located in Glacier View Meadows at Gate 8; in the Mail Shed at Crystal Lakes Base Camp; and, during the school year at Red Feather Elementary for student use.
- Items returned at the offsite bookdrops may take an extra 1-2 days to clear your account. We pick up from the bookdrop frequently, but there can be a delay.
- Items borrowed though AspenCat member libraries or SWIFT interlibrary loan will clear when received by the lending library.
Sign up for our Weekly Newsletter
Keeping up with new Library events is easy once you’ve subscribed to our weekly email newsletter, distributed (often) on Mondays to your inbox. We’ll highlight upcoming programs and events as well as new services at the library, and highlight issues that are of interest or concern at the library.
To register, fill out this form with a note to “sign me up for the RFL Library newsletter.” Unsubscribe at any time.
Fines, Fees & Charges
The Library does not charge for overdue materials and most library services are free of charge, with a few exceptions. Such fees are established by the Library Director and shall be publicly posted in the library when instituted.
- Office services are charged at local area rates – black and white copies 10¢ each, color 25¢ and fax 50¢ for the first page, 25¢/each additional page
- Interlibrary loan late fees may be charged by the lending library
- Replacement cost for lost or damaged materials checked out to your card may be assessed
Didn’t Find It?
- Did you know books can be borrowed from other library systems for your use? Since 2008 Red Feather Lakes has participated in SWIFT, an interlibrary loan and courier service provided free of charge by the Colorado State Library. More than 300 public, academic, school, and special libraries from across Colorado are SWIFT members, which means greater access to books and other library materials for RFL cardholders. Submit an Interlibrary Loan request and we’ll do our best to borrow the item for you.
- Suggest a new book or other materials for the Red Feather Lakes Library collection. Submit a purchase request for our review and consideration.
- Need details for your interlibrary loan or purchase request? Search Worldcat.org to find books and other materials in libraries worldwide.
Links to Libraries in Northern Colorado and Statewide
- Colorado Library Directory (public, academic, school, special, and institutional libraries)
- Berthoud Public Library
- Colorado State University Libraries
- Estes Valley Library
- Loveland Public Library
- Poudre River Public Library District (Fort Collins)
- Wellington Public Library
- Colorado Talking Book Library – A free service to Coloradans of all ages who are unable to read standard print material due to visual, physical or learning disabilities. CTBL provides audio, Braille, and large-print books and magazines.
Red Feather Lakes Community Library / Box 123, 71 Firehouse Lane / Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545, 970-881-2664 970-881-2836 (fax) firstname.lastname@example.org